Wednesday 17 October 2007

Weekend away

With Alex still living with Natasha and with both of our long working hours and my lack of transport it was difficult to see one another, but we continued to get to know each other better and better as we still spoke on the phone every day, and often many times a day. As far as either of us was willing to admit on the surface, the relationship was still a mere friendship with casual sex, but the way we acted and talked did not support such labeling.

On Friday the 10th of August I was all set for a weekend at the snow with my rover crew and a couple of other rover crews. Before I left, Alex asked me if I was going to have sex with someone else while I was away. I replied that it wasn’t likely as I was fairly sure of all the guys that would be attending and I wasn’t attracted to any of them. After some conversation, Alex admitted that he wouldn’t like it if I had sex with anyone else.I was pleased and flattered by his admission but as I was still trying to be immune to feelings for him I teasingly said that I would do what I like and if the opportunity arose then I wouldn’t say no. He had left me with a warm glow though, and in a sense given my feelings the permission they wanted to exist. I decided to email him through his website.

Name: Lily
Email Address: lily.lane.blog@gmail.com
Phone Number:
Message: Surprise!

I'm just about to go to the snow. I don't know if I'll have phone reception there but if not feel free to leave me a sexy message!The session time for the film premiere is 6:45pm next Thursday. I hope you can make it but please don't worry if you can't; I'm not so ridiculous as to take it personally.
I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to have sex with anyone else at the snow, or even kiss them for that matter (unless they are female in which case I will go right ahead because I know you will love to hear about it). Please don't have sex with anyone else this weekend either?
Have an awesome weekend, but don't forget about me :-)
See you,
love Lily xx

Once I knew from his text that Alex had received my email I felt safe to go back to teasing and let him know that there were some new guys I hadn’t met before staying in our chalet. Like his “hot sex” text message that I had received at the train station, my message found Alex at the wrong time. I don’t remember his reply but it was negative enough that I called him straight away on my mobile to apologise and make sure he was okay. It was a Saturday night and he was drunk and depressed at home with a friend over, and Ben upstairs in bed after a long night of yet more abuse from Natasha.
I did my best to cheer him up on the phone and when the call was over I paused for a moment on the bunk bed I was lying on, overwhelmed by some feeling that had no name.The text message I sent was,
“nxt time the whole world is against u just call me ok? I will cheer u up, I promise! I’m crazy about u! (in a non-scary way)”
The reply was,
“Thanku for being crazy, I’m crazy too, just for you.”
And then one hour later,
“Just so there’s no confusion, I think you’re beautiful. Xxx”
The unnamed feeling did not go away. For the rest of the time at the snow (only another twenty-four hours) I was as full of thoughts of Alex as usual, but more full of feelings for him than ever. It seemed clear that the sentiment was mutual, though all was conveyed by text message. I still tried to hold my cards close to my chest, terrified of scaring him away with my feelings but it became harder as he became more open. When I asked him on Sunday morning what his plans for the day were his response was the very confusing,
“Ikea! Gym, arguing with Natasha and buying heaps of steak! This is for you xox!! And a happy ending. I can’t wait to keep trying.”
When I questioned what on earth he meant his response was,
“Sorry I’m not very bright. As soon as you get back I’m going to strip you naked, give you an all over body massage, kiss you from head to toe with special consideration given to certain areas! You’re hot!!”
The secretive smile I couldn’t help but carry constantly that afternoon as we packed away our things and cleaned the chalet was remarked on by more than one person.
[Note: The visit to Ikea and purchases of steak were the result of Alex's plans to move out on the Tuesday of that week. He had finally resorted to temporarily taking a room in the flat of a good friend of his. “I can’t wait to keep trying” refers to the fact that I had never had an orgasm in my life; a problem he was determined to fix.]

No comments: