Sunday 4 November 2007

Monday

On Monday we were somewhat walking on sunshine. Although previously we had thought that Alex would not be able to come to film premiere with me on Thursday - Natasha would be in Sydney and he would need to be home to take care of Ben - her plans had changed and therefore so did ours. It was decided that we would go out for dinner before the film, then attend the premiere and then I would stay the night at his place for the first time as his plans were to move out on the Tuesday. In my head I excitedly planned which sexy dress I would wear to make his jaw drop and want to get me home as soon as possible, and which I hoped would make him proud to be seen with me, despite our age difference. He assured me that day though that as soon as he had moved out away from Natasha he would not have the slightest problem with being publicly affectionate towards me and would kiss and cuddle me no matter who saw.
We talked excitedly of occasional sleepovers at his place. Would I be sleeping over or just coming to see him and then leaving? he wanted to know. He was pleased that it would be both. But when he asked whether my parents would be fine with that I had to tell him that they must never find out about him. Alex was disappointed. Not only did he not want me to lie but he was hoping to meet my parents. He needed to be part of a family, he said. I told him that my family could never accept him at this point in my life. We skated over the issue pretty quickly though, and returned to happier topics.
In the afternoon I received,
“I’m taking you away for a weekend soon, can you handle it? It will mean we can’t be separated.”
And then later,
“I love studying your body. I plan on studying it very hard and often!”
Still later though Natasha's plans changed again and Alex had to cancel our date. Though disappointed, we planned instead that I would come to the football with Alex on Friday night and then stay with him. I would meet one of his close mates, and he begged me to try to think of a girlfriend to come along who might be interested in his friend.
It was a very hopeful day.

No comments: