Monday 15 October 2007

Hesitations

Alex was very picky about where he lived. He had to live in Elsternwick. “I just really like that area” and “you have to understand how lazy Natasha is. If I’m more than five minutes away she just won’t bother”. He had to have a modern, spacious house with central heating. And most importantly, the house had to be close to a park for Ben. “I just want to get a place that Ben will like.”
A couple of times he said that he was considering moving into a house that he and Natasha and Ben had once lived in that was now up for rent. He knew it would be a good house for Ben. Eventually he applied for it.
“I got the house but I’m not moving in there.”
“What? Why not? It’s taken you ages to get house! You’ve been trying to move out for months!”
“I couldn’t do it Lily-pily. I just kept thinking of Ben and all the good times we had there. I can’t do it Lil. I can’t leave little Ben.”

No comments: