Monday 17 September 2007

Sunday

On Friday and Saturday we spoke on the phone and while I have no clue what we talked about, I remember that I was amazed at how easy it was. There was no awkwardness to our conversations and it was so obvious that neither of us was interested in playing games or manipulating each other, creating false expectations or images. We chatted easily and without nerves or tension. On Sunday he asked if I would come and visit him at the range for a while. With great difficulty I concocted an excuse to borrow my parents’ car and drive down to see him.
As expected, our established pattern of leaping on each other continued. Frustrated as I still had my period and wanting to take things a little further to ensure his continued interest and to maintain a trend of progress in our (for want of a better word) relationship, I decided to go down on him. [Note to self: Although it was fine with this man on this occasion, this is a TERRIBLE attitude towards sexual acts and will lead to you getting used.] He asked why I wouldn’t let him touch me and when I pressed my face into his shoulder in embarrassment he guessed that I had my period.
“You poor little bastard.”
He said that sentence so many times and with so much affection over the next few weeks.
That day he showed me more of the houses that he was looking at moving into, and told me of his dream to become a billionaire, and about his views on the value of money.
“Money is like air”, he said, “think about it, what would you do without money? You couldn’t live. You have to have money, it’s the most important thing.”
Our differences, not just in age and circumstances, but also in personality and values, started to show. I think it may also have been the first time he told me a little about Natasha, about his dyslexia, and briefly about his poor roots in Wangaratta.
At some point that afternoon Greg called Alex. Alex insisted that I speak to him so I took the phone awkwardly and apologized to Greg for the last time we had spoken while I was still working at the gym. I had called him and before I could get a word out had coughed in his ear as I had been very sick. As he had done on the phone once previously Greg again jokingly warned me to stay away from Alex as he was a sex maniac.

No comments: